9.26.2008

Preschool Update

It's been a pretty busy month which is why I haven't written much. Plus, I always like to include pics with my posts, but I don't really have any new ones right now. So, I'll just give an update on our "Back To School" month thus far.
As you know, preschool started just over 2 weeks ago, and it sure has been a major struggle. The poor thing would become hysterical at the mere thought of preschool...not to mention the cling-to-my-leg-for-dear-life ordeals once we actually got in the preschool room. There was even one morning when I had just gotten settled in at work, after one of those heart-wrenching, drop-off moments when suddenly I hear a voice that sounded vaguely familiar yelling "Ma MAAAAA...." coming from outside (I work 2 blocks from her school & the store door was open). By the time I get outside, I see Ella's class taking a walk downtown & there was Ella running to me with tears just pooring down her face. It took an excruciatingly long 5 minutes before her teacher was able to pry her off of me, and off they went with my uncontrollable child.
Well, after all that & then some, I am happy to report, that this morning when we got to school, she sat down with her friends, started coloring, & actually waved goodbye to me as I left. NOT ONE TEAR!!! I even saw her class walking downtown again (on the opposite side of the street from the store), and she pointed this way, but again, no tears. I was thrilled & so happy that Ella will not be permanently traumatized by her first school experience. I kid. :)

1 comment:

C said...

Oh, Brandi! I can only imagine how hard it must have been to have dropped her off upset. Kate had a few apprehensive days last week and I nearly died from emotions! I'm so happy she's doing better.