11.10.2008

Way Back in Time

So I told my North Carolina girlfriends I had a surprise in store for them a while back. Please forgive me for keeping you hanging for so long, but I think it will be worth the wait! I found these pictures, mostly from middle school, and couldn't resist sharing. We have an email chain between myself, Natalie, Sallie, Meg, Joy, Catie, & Cameron that we have been slacking on lately but for the most part keeps us all informed on our lives. We all live so far apart that it's really the only sensible way to keep in touch...and I just love it. So, without further ado, here are the pictures.


8th grade Washington DC trip. Sorry Nat, the photographer cut you out! I loved that sweatshirt.


Chaos soccer team stopped after our double header to watch the US Women's team play in Greensboro, I think? Then, we piled into Big Blue & headed home.


The "Jet girls" before the dream sequence in Roberson's "West Side Story". Hot.


Sal's Birthday Bash. In the Neumann kitchen. Such detailed party planners, complete with a construction paper placemat for the birthday girl. Any guesses on what age?


Catie & I all dressed up before a sixth grade dance. Either at the Fire Department or the middle school. Am I the only one that misses the beloved Skyland Fire Department? Good times.


Meg & I climbed the bleachers at a TCR soccer game at Appalachian. What a great pic!


8th grade. After a chorus concert. We were AWESOME singers!


The TCR girl's soccer team. I stopped on my way to Myrtle for Spring Break to catch a game & snapped this pic. The girls' were awesome that year! Can you name everyone? Whatever happened to Sumlee?


Ah. Cruise of '95. One word...DUNKER. I still consider this to be my favorite vacation of all time. Can we please duplicate the ridiculousness of the cruise in the Dominican, 2010?!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the show. A little walk down memory lane never hurt anybody! :)

4 comments:

C said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm DYING laughing!!! Pic 1: I freaking loved that sweatshirt, too! Hilarious that we had matching ones! Pic 2: Hasn't Meg ALWAYS had the best hair? Speaking of hair, what the hell is on my head?! ANd I love the curled bangs, BrandI! Pic 4: 13? I remember you got me a jar of pickles that year. Pic 4: LOVE the pants. I had the same pair but in a different color. Limited, too I think. Pic 4: You and Meg are adorable. Pic 5: We actually look decent, right? Pic 6: Ahhh, the good ol' soccer days. The best days of my life. Pic 7: And the best vacation, I agree. And no holds barred for Dominican 2010!!! Why not '09!?! No one will be pregnant! (right?) Meg??? :)

GREAT post, Brandi. You made my day.

Meg said...

Brandi this was a fantastic surprise! These are such great pictures and memories. I think what is amazing...we are all still keeping in touch and caring about each other's lives and what is going on no matter how far apart we are. I love it.

I'm totally up for an 2009 trip! Count me and Eric in!

Thanks Brandi!

Unknown said...

This is hilarious. Sal, I am sorry I wore such a hideous plaid shirt to your 13th birthday party. And what is up with the sunglasses I wore on the cruise? Round rims? Not so becoming on a round face. Thanks for posting these, Bran. We've all come a long way. xoxo, nat

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up at your comments ladies!! Just wanted to make sure we all don't forget how big of DORKS we were!! And, Nat, your plaid shirt is just about as hideous as my purple plaid pants!