7.05.2009

Jobby Job

This year I've really been trying to keep up with my posts, but that was pre-working-40-hours-a-week-Brandi. On June 11, I received my first call back from a job application in over4 months. At this point, I had sent out over 60 cover letters/resumes and received nothing more than a few, generic unacceptance letters. I was, needless to say, ecstatic! This phone call came unexpectedly, but I immediately scheduled an interview for the next morning. The interview went very well, and I was offered the job the next day. 4 days later, I started my new, full-time position on Monday, June 15. Now, being a single mom and having a very strict schedule that I needed to uphold, not too mention my desperate desire to find a job that allowed me to keep my weekends open, this position -on paper- could not have been more perfect. Here is the criteria: 40 hours/week...Monday thru Friday from 8-5 with a 1 hour lunch, at whatever time I choose...Hourly position (perfect for someone who needs to leave at 5 every day in order to pick up Ella from daycare...immediate Medical & Dental Benefits...vacation time & personal days effective immediately...and last but not least: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: 1 block away from my house & 1 building away from Ella's daycare. So, all of these things alone was a true answer to prayer. Now, onto the actual J.O.B. The company is called Real Tour Vision, an internet-based company that provides virtual tour & photography services for clients like residential & commercial real estate companies, retirement homes, hotels, car companies, etc. There are less than 10 people in my office, and 2 of the women are pregnant and going on maternity leave in a few short months. My position is "Tour Track Account Manager. I place all orders and schedule/dispatch photographers (over 1000 nationally) to shoots. I then receive the images, process (or edit) the images, and deliver the them to our clients. So, not only is this position appealing to me on paper, it's something I will thoroughly enjoy doing on a daily basis. I haven't worked this much since I was pregnant with Ella, and it will take some major adjusting for all of us. But, I'm thrilled to be back in the workforce and excited for this new chapter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Bran! The gig sounds perfect for you! I know you've got a lot on your plate, but hopefully the paychecks ease the pain a bit. And the location!?!? How amazing!

Congrats again...I'm so pround!

C said...

Brandi! Sounds awesome!!! Congrats. You deserve it and I'm so happy for you! Now, how can we add Tom to your list of photographers :)