3.13.2009

NEW MEXICO!!!

Let me preface the next few posts by explaining how and why I (Brandi) vacationed in the great state of New Mexico. My amazing, thoughtful, and generous boyfriend, Rusty, grew up on a farm there in the town of Tatum. Population: 800. Rusty's Dad turned 50 this year, and in honor of that, his Mom decided to take him to Mexico to celebrate. This, however, was only possible if someone would be able to run the farm (which is normally single-handedly run by Rusty's father) while they were away. This is where Rusty comes in. He not only gave up his own personal vacation days to go home to work but also took me with him! Pretty generous and thoughtful, don't ya think? So, while most of the time Rusty was out busting his butt and working hard, I was wandering around aimlessly taking pictures and enjoying the vast amount of nothingness. At times I think he thought I was pretty silly for getting excited about things like 4-wheelers and cactus, but I found it all pretty exciting! I took over 300 pictures, which explains why these next posts are filled with plenty of visual affects. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them! :)

This is my favorite picture from the trip:

No comments: