3.13.2009

The Western. A Post all to itself.

Ok. So Rusty's been talking about this bar called "The Western" ever since he went home for Christmas. It is definitely a place I couldn't miss if I was going to be in Tatum. We were both beyond exhausted on Sunday night but I needed to at least "experience" The Western at least once in my life. So we hopped in the car, psyched ourselves up the whole 1/2 hour drive there (well, more like I was psyching myself up), only to find out they were closed on Sunday! I was pretty sad. I've included a picture that even states, "Open Sunday". Dang it. So, in order for me to not completely miss out on the experience, we stopped for a Miller Lite and a game of pool on our way out of town on Tuesday. Oh Man. It was everything I could've hoped for. And then some. First of all, the building is made out of tin, and its walls are lined with termite-infested wood. The barstools are cushioned with holey, worn-out seats, it houses 2 pool tables, a shuffle board table, a tarped-off-area that is the "karaoke-section", and last-but-not-least, it had a fireplace that had cigarette-carton-boxes for kindling. Awesomeness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, the Western looks pretty incredible. You know the place is serious when they throw an "e" on the end of "grill." Looks like you guys had a great time away. Perhaps you should take up farming?