3.13.2009

Plants and Animals

The Klein's grow wheat and alfalfa as well as raise around 50-100 cattle. While Rusty was working, I chilled with the cows for about an hour. Just call me the cow paparazzi. They couldn't quite figure me out, but they were quite the posers. Show offs.
This one walked over to me, stood there long enough for me to snap a picture, and then walked away. The next Paris Hilton.

After this star-studded event, Rusty picked me up on the 4-wheeler so I could go chase down some antelope in the next pasture. They were a bit more camera shy so I refer to them as the Reese & Jake's of my subjects.
My bird friend:
Who knew there were so many different types of cactus? I'm not sure what all their names are but here are some of them in all their glory. Prickly little suckers...one got me right in the tush!
Rusty was telling me these little clumps on the "prickly pear" cactus will embed in your skin making it impossible to get out. OUCH!
Isn't he cute?? Looks like a little meerkat!
I made Rusty pull over to the side of the road so I could get a picture with these cool cacti.

No comments: