3.13.2009

Rabbits & Sprinklers

Sunday was spent around the farm all day. Riding the 4-wheeler around, fixing sprinklers (that are like 100 or so yards long, at least), chillin' with the cows, chasing antelope, catching rabbits, and getting blasted with the neverending dust and wind. I don't think my hair will ever forgive me for that ridiculousness...next time, I'll bring a hat.

Rusty and his sister, Lacey, had a hell of a time getting the sprinklers going. Having to constantly adjust in order to keep them straight...it all looked to me like a real pain in the butt. I offered to help but quickly realized that I would be more in the way than anything. Although, Rusty did give me the responsibility of turning the knob on the sprinkler to get it going. Of course, I botched that by making it go the wrong way. No worries, I figured it out.

Notice how off-kilter it is towards the end:
My knob.

Rusty had to move some of the pipes around on the sprinklers. Apparently, the rabbits like to crawl in the pipes and hide. Here are some shots of Rusty and Toby (the dog) removing one. Unfortunately, I cannot promise that all rabbits were unharmed during the shooting.

No comments: