2.18.2009

Minnie Mouse

Over the last couple of weeks Ella has been obsessed with a sing-along Disney video and she is quite adament that it play at all times, even if it's just background music. This has triggered her imagination, and she now refers to herself as Minnie Mouse and insists that everyone else do the same. The other day she hurt her knee and was consoling herself by saying, "It's ok, Minnie Mouse. It's ok.". She then turned to me for reassurance, and so I offered my condolences to Minnie Mouse as well. It seemed to do the trick. Ella has also become interested in dressing herself. When she gets home from school, she tears off her play clothes and puts on her sparkle tights and a flowy yellow skirt, intending to "look" like Minnie Mouse. For Valentine's Day I couldn't find a Minnie Mouse outfit and had to settle on a Snow White dress. She wore it all weekend at the cabin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Twenty-eight years old and I still love playing dress up. She's a girl after my own heart.