5.27.2009

Fearless

Ella has always showed little to no fear about most everything. But, when Rusty found an Ella-size-harness and offered her to go on the "big swing" I must say I had no idea how this activity was going to unfold. While she was getting all geared up and strapped in...SECURELY...she was giddy with excitement and could not wait to start swinging. After the excitement of the swing wore off, she insisted on climbing the big tower. Again, I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into but, Ella turned into a climbing Rock Star! She went right up the ladder, without a care in the world, climbed onto the little platform, and jumped off. {Side note...I watched a grown man perform this very act the day before and he chickened out once he got to the platform} My 3 year-old repeated this over and over again. Rusty even hoisted her to the very top where she dangled and even tried to climb on the highest platform but simply lacked the strength to pull herself up. Otherwise, she would have. We were all pretty amazed that she flew up 55 feet into the air without batting an eye. It was shocking really. To me, at least. Her nervous mother. After she was noticeably exhausted, I could only think of one thing that would get her out of the harness. I told her she could watch Mommy climb. My idea worked but once I was about halfway up the tower I began second guessing my brilliant idea. But, even though I had a slight anxiety attack due to my fear of heights, I, Brandi, climbed to the top of that thing and repelled down. Here are some of the shots I took of Ella in all her glory...

3 comments:

C said...

Brandi- what happened!? Ella turned into a BIG girl overnight!!! Congrats on your little dare devil.

Unknown said...

Love it. Continue to expose that soon to be lady to challenges of the world. Despite the battles she can and will conquer!! Girls rule.

Brandi said...

She will never cease to amaze me. I think this is just the beginning... :)