8.17.2008

A New Tradition

So, I think that we've started something without even realizing. So, we live in Traverse City, also known as the Cherry Capitol of the World. Out on the peninsula that separates Grand Traverse Bay into East & West, some of the cherry farms are "u-picks" (self explanatory). So last year my Ya-Ya and Grammy (aka: my parents) took Ella cherry picking and when cherry season rolled around again this year, my mom & I decided to take Ella again. Being the master cherry picker she is, Ella had really caught on by the second annual cherry picking trip. When we got out of the car this year, she knew exactly where to go & what to do. Pick & Fill. 12 pounds later we were driving home with windows down, hair blowing in the breeze and we shoving cherries in our mouth and spittin pits all the way home.
















No comments: