8.22.2008

World Series

My cousin, Todd coaches his son Tyler's baseball team and has for years. They're teams have done well in the past, but nothing in comparison to this year. They went to the Iowa State Finals (they are from the outskirts of Des Moines) which was a bit of joke b/c they are so good. Then they went to Regionals in Fort Wayne, IN, which was a little more challenging, however they swept it and became the Central United States Regional Champions. Which, in turn, sent them to the Junior League World Series! Which happened to be in Taylor, Michigan (major coincidence for us since teams were coming from as far as the Phillipines). They did very well, becoming the 2nd place winners for the United States! Here's a picture from the first weekend they played, when my parents, Ella, & I made the trip down to see them. And, the second picture is the runner-up consolation game, where Johnston, Iowa played Mexico. You don't see that everyday! Congrats to Todd & Tyler!


2 comments:

C said...

Bran - I love the blog!!! And Ella is so freaking cute. The picture of you guys at Todd's game made me miss all the Neumann sports travels. How I loved the big blue van and all those trips!

Brandi said...

Thanks Sal! I can't believe our little girls are going to preschool now (Ella starts next week)!! Seriously, life as a traveling soccer team just wouldn't have been the same without "Big Blue". As I watched those boys, all the memories came flooding back. They spent 16 days in a hotel...as a mom, can you imagine??