8.18.2008

Thinking of you...

There are a lot of people that I know right now who are going through some really hard times. And I just want to share these things and ask those of you who are reading this to please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.


My friend Christie, who lives in Chicago, was riding her bike last week and was hit by a truck. She broke her collarbone in 3 places and is in a lot of pain. Thankfully, she has lived to tell about it. Most biking accidents turn out much differently, especially in big cities. It will take about a month to recuperate, which of course, will prevent her from working. Get well soon Christie!


My friend Sallie's (who is about 32 weeks pregnant) daughter Kate (who is Ella's age) was recently sent to the emergency room & admitted to the children's hospital for an accidental overdose. It was a very close call & incredibly traumatic for their family. Thankfully, Kate has recuperated & is doing well. We love you Kate!


One of my sorority sisters, Krista and her husband had been trying to have children for years. They were finally blessed with pregnancy...twins! She went into labor at 23 weeks and both of their little girls did not make it. You can read their story on their blog on the right side of this page, listed under My Friends & Favorite Sites. A really wonderful thing their church did was start a prayer pager for them. You can call the number and it sends them a page letting them know someone is praying for them. It's anonymous & only takes about 10 seconds. Their pager number is 616.772.0110. My heart breaks for them & it's a reminder that we must always count our blessings & never take life for granted. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family, Krista.


Around the time of Len's funeral I became friends with Katie. A group of girls, including my newest friend, Katie & her best friend, Ashley, went out to dinner together shortly after. Ashley told us about her husband, Glen, who was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer. Glen passed away this past Thursday. I was able to spend time with Ashley, among others, over this last weekend. She's probably one of the strongest women I've ever met, and is handling this unimaginable tragedy with pure grace. Please keep Ashley, her family, Glen's family in your prayers. My thoughts & prayers are with you, Ashley.


And, please continue to keep Len's family, my friend Ryan, Len's fiance Megan, & all others who loved Len in your thoughts & prayers as well.


"Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will."
~Author Unknown

No comments: