8.17.2008

A Tribute

It's unfortunate to have to start this blog on a sad note. But, that's life. And life is not perfect. With that being said, the most monumental part of my life this summer was losing one of my dearest & sweetest friends to a brain tumor in June. Len Scheidel. I always felt so lucky to have as close a friendship with a boy like I do with my friend, Ryan. That is until Len came into my life, through Ryan, and the three of us became inseparable. So, then I had two best guy friends, both of which I will be forever grateful. Len was diagnosed with a brain tumor in the fall of 2007, and fought very hard for about 10 months. On June 25, 2008 the tumor took over completely and Len passed away, peacefully. It's so sad that his life ended at such a young age (he was 27) and I will miss him terribly. But, I am so grateful for all the great times I had with Len and I will never forget his love, generosity, and genuine friendship to me. This is a picture of Len & I when he and Ryan came to visit me & we celebrated our 19th birthdays together. No, we won't say how many years ago that is, but those were some of the best times of my life. The following is a postcard I had kept that Len sent to me from Florida when he was on spring break. I have lots of cards (thankfully I kept!) that are just like this one. Like I said before...I am very lucky. Forever.

No comments: